Review: Falling For Jack by Jessa York



Genre: Romance
Pages: 284
Edition: Indipendent
Cost:  0,99 € on Kindle, Free on Kobo
Buy it!

Summary:

If it's easy, it's not worth it...After a tumultuous divorce, the last thing Harper wants--or needs--is a new man in her life. She's done with love and romance. When a smear of lipstick and a Pink Squirrel turn into a chance encounter that she'll never forget, everything changes.
Nothing worth having comes easy...Jack can't believe his luck. When the mysterious woman he's had his eyes set on falls into his arms--literally--he realizes he can't let her go. He's willing to do whatever it takes to keep her, even if it means playing with fire.

Review:

I don't usually read romance books, but every now and then I need to read something light. This book isn't exactly light. The protagonist has to deal with a stalkerish ex-husband, who threatens her and she has to rebuild all her life from scratch.
As always I don't enjoy the fact that the two main characters immediately fall for each other, BUT in this case I really liked how both of them have to work in order to gain each other's trust.
I loved that Jack always looks for consent from Harper and spends the time to understand where she comes from.
This isn't a simple love story, full of steamy times and sexual tension. This book shows you that not every relationship is the same and not every relationship is linear and without any problem.
Am I going to read the next book in this duology? Yes, because I want to know how Jack manages to explain himself. Am I going to wait for it to be a little cheaper? Yes, beacuse this is not my favourite kind of read.
Nontheless I recommend this read if you enjoy reading romance books and you want something different from a simple love story!

...Out Of Five


Commenti