Review. The Magpie Isle by Christian Sterling


Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 345
Edition: Indipendent
Cost:  2,99 €

Summary:

Our beloved heroes face a new level of strange in the Magpie Isles, meeting both friend and foe while being dragged into unexpected adventures. Their journey sheds new light onto the looming war in the Freelands among a greater threat to all of Elsana. The company’s spirits are challenged and their minds are tested as they cross paths with merpeople, pirates, and peculiar creatures beyond their imaginations.

Review:

I was so scared going into this book. I tought I didn't remember enough of the story from the first volume since I read it last year...I couldn't have been more wrong! As soon as I "opened" the book it was like I had just finished reading Into The Wildbarrens. I don't know how the author does it.
It was a terrific experience being back with Falin and his Champions. I loved reading about all their new adventures and I felt more connected with each and every one of them.
I particulary liked the Adoration Moon cerimony. I felt my heart cry with joy while I was reading about it, and I felt it cry (as well as I felt the tears fell down my face) at the end of the book. I rarely cry for books, but this one got me real good.
If I have to be completely honest at times I felt like the book was too short. As I said I loved all the adventures the characters go through BUT between one adventure and another I would have liked to get to know Melquin (or any other character) better. Maybe we'll get to know her better in the next book, which comes out in december (YES!).
Last but not least thank you Christian Sterling for letting me read your book in advance. 'Tis a honor!
You can buy it starting May 29th!

P.s. I don't know how Christian finds his ideas for strange creatures but they're always amazing. I now want to meet Hufus and his miglos!


...Out Of Five

Commenti